Well, I'm here to say that Cheryl need not worry. [We don't want her wasting precious waving energy.] Even though I have pledged to cut back on challenges in 2013, I just don't think I'm going to be able to resist the siren call (and there doesn't seem to be anybody available to tie me to the mast so I won't jump over board). I'm sure that number will more than double by the time the new year gets going.
AND...I have found what seems to me to be a VERY cool and unique challenge. So, here you go, Cheryl. How's this one sound?
Anne from Creativity’s Corner and Kristilyn from Reading in Winter LOVE a good challenge. So they put their heads together and came up with something awesome for the new year and created the 2013 Book Bingo Reading Challenge!
Here's the basics of what we have to read:
- Reading the books in our TBR pile
- Re-reading some books
- Reading some new books
- Reading books that EVERYONE but us has read
- Reading books from series that we have started & have been neglecting
And as they say, a challenge isn’t really a challenge unless there are some rules and guidelines:
- Be awesome. If you’re not, this isn’t going to work.
- The challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2013.
- If you want to participate, you can join in any time of the year! Feel free to write up a blog post with the rules linking back to Kristilyn's and Anne’s blog in your sign-up post.
- If you read one book for the “1 book” in any category, you can’t change it later on when you read another book to “2 books.” Once a square is crossed off, it’s crossed off for good! (Feel free to print off the scoreboard to keep track!)
- Books read for one square are for that square ONLY and cannot be counted towards another category. This is all about reading ALL THE BOOKS.
- The FREE SQUARE isn’t really a free square. In order to cross it off, you must read a book by either:
- Reading a book picked by another participant, or
- Reading a book in a genre picked by another participant.
- You can start your board over again, but ONLY if you receive the stamp of awesome by completing a blackout. The “winners” of the challenge will be the ones who achieve the most winning combinations by the end of 2013.
- You can feel free to post your reading list for each category, though it’s not a requirement.
- Having a blog or writing reviews for books read is not required. So long as you want to have fun, you can participate!
- This isn’t a race, but don’t be afraid to rub your reads in the other player’s face. This will be seen as encouragement. Feel free to use the hashtag #2013BookBingo on Twitter!
I'm in. How about you? Will you participate in this challenge? Do you have what it takes to become a super reader? I'm sure every one of us Challenge Addicts could take this on with one book tied behind our back.